Saturday 18 November 2017

An end to Ivin Waite

Barry and Roderick kindly accompanied me to finish off at Ivin Waite on Saturday. The weather was fine and the ground was 'fairly ' firm underfoot. Rod and I slung some rocks into the gap between the old and new sections of wall, and decided to have a competition to see who could make the ugliest bit of walling. I think I'd declare it a draw but Rod may have other ideas on that. Whilst Rod and I filled in the gap Barry carried on with the toppers, but being a perfectionist he decided he wasn't happy with them and took them all off again, so after we'd finished the gap Roderick and I helped re-top the wall and we were away before lunch time.

Thanks to Barry for the very tasty break time flapjack which had a lovely molasses kick to it.

Roderick also mentioned trying to discover why Ivin Waite was named so, but there aren't many clues. The nearest is Old Norse for Thwaite - A pasture, meadow or clearing. No clue as to the Ivin part.

Prior to Starting - No prizes for spotting the sorcery*

The semi completed wall





Richard H.
No wallers: 3
* Two Catrionas - It's edited from 2 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment