Wednesday 2 May 2018

No Hare here, but deer over there.

I tried to put most of you off with the promise of terrible weather, but I had consulted the wrong oracle and the day turned out rather splendidly. Thankfully Barry, Val and Chris had gleaned their forecast from a more reliable source and informed me of my misguided ways. As I met them at the car park the clouds parted the rains stopped and the sun shone, I claim no causal relationship.

Graham joined us a 11ish and we were able to finish off and top a further section of the wall.

The day was book ended by close encounters with a thankfully docile Bull. The morning saw a deer  of some description (the N.T. deer wardens may be able shed more light on the specific flavour of deer) leaping about the fields, and the return journey back to the car was notable for the presence of a pheasant hen trying to hide in a puddle as we walked just a yard or two either side of her.





Nice bit of bulge where the original foundations stuck out.


A preview of next years Markenfield joy.

Richard H.
No of wallers: 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment